The Columbus Figure Skating Club is devoted to promoting the sport of figure skating for all ages and ability levels.
The Columbus Figure Skating Club, an Ohio not-for-profit corporation, has been a member of the United States Figure Skating Association since the Spring of 1959. The club exists for the purpose of advancing all aspects of figure skating for skaters of all ages and ability levels. To this end, the club provides monitored ice sessions dedicated to freestyle, dance, moves in the field and group learn-to-skate instruction at the Ohio State University Ice Rink. Anyone with an interest in skating is invited to join the club.
The Columbus FSC is comprised of a variety of types of members, such as group lesson skaters, junior club members, senior club members, etc . . . Each plays a critical role in the success of our club:
- Group Lesson Skaters – Group lesson skaters are affiliated with Columbus FSC through the U.S. Figure Skating’s Learn to Skate USA program.
- Junior Club Members – Skaters under the age of 18 make up the Junior Club. The Junior Club sets up theme training days like Neon Day or 80s Day, schedules fun outings like picnics and Zoombezi Bay, and makes posters for competitions. Visit the Junior Club page to learn more.
- Senior Club Members – Skaters and non-skaters over the age of 18 make up the Senior Club membership. Some of our senior members are skaters themselves, who compete across the country; acquire new test levels, or skate simply because they love the sport. Regardless, they are all skating for the fun, fitness, and the camaraderie of it all. Other senior members are parents of junior members and/or volunteers who make the club run smoothly, such as the club’s elected Board of Directors and Club Officials, who appointed by U.S. Figure Skating.
- Club Professionals – Also known as Our Coaches, Columbus FSC professionals are skating highly skilled and approved by the club to teach private lessons and group lesson classes on club ice.
- Special Members – From time to time, the club will designate notable individuals as Special, Honorary, or Complimentary members.
- Non-Columbus FSC Members – Non-member parents of junior members, spouses and partners, siblings, friends and family are all considered part of the Columbus FSC family. We are thrilled when you attend events to support your skater and invite you to volunteer to help at all Columbus FSC events.
Ohio State University Ice Rink
390 Woody Hayes Drive
Columbus, OH 43210